The hosts of the Mastering Agility platform
Sander Dur is a Professional Scrum Trainer at Scrum.org, Professional Scrum Master, Professional Product Owner, and Lead Agile Consultant at Xebia. Sander provides training via Xebia Academy, mostly oriented around the Scrum.org curriculum.
He gained experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Leadership consultant in many different top-tier organizations, including Nike and ASML.
Sander is enthusiastic, open-minded, and ambitious. He finds interpersonal relationships and intrinsic motivations very important in team dynamics. Besides his work, Sander loves to spend time with his family, and enjoys sports, following Formula 1, barbecuing, playing Xbox, and traveling.
Let’s connect! Sander is always up for new connections and discussions!
My passion is helping people to:
- Do more of the right work (and less of the wrong work).
- Create more actual teams than just groups of people who work together.
- Learning how to improve themselves, their team, and their organization incrementally.
- Understand that less, not more, is usually part of the answer to some of the hardest questions we all face.
- See their workplaces, teams, and their sphere of influence as something that is evolving, which requires an evolution of all of its parts to adapt.
Throughout my career, I have worked with clients of all sizes, industries, and technologies. Whether it’s leading a transformative strategy at a Fortune 100 or helping a new startup understand its unique value proposition the common focus I bring to each role is “making people better.” I strive to help those around me improve through mentorship, training, workshops, or just grabbing a coffee and lending an ear to their experiences. This focus on continuous improvement and servant leadership is why I love what I do each day.
In my spare time, I enjoy making things out of wood, metal, and other materials (like coffee). I also enjoy hiking, board games, jigsaw puzzles, and playing with my Golden Doodle puppy Roxy (agile is her middle name), and I am usually listening to an audiobook or podcast.