Ever since the industrial revolution, we’ve been working with bosses and managers. Two/three decades ago, business agility started to take over the way organizations have been developing their products and thinking about how to overcome the challenges they’re facing.
Now we’re in the second half of 2021, and David Pereira sees a massive impediment in making an agile transformation stick. In today’s show, David discuss what he sees could potentially introduce the end of Scrum.
What you’ll discover in this show:
– The current state of Scrum implementations could be improved
– Leadership and management plays a crucial role in that
– Letting go of command and control is keeping organizations from advancing
Head of Product Management
I am a passionate Product Leader with ten years of product management experience. Over the last years, I led many product teams in successful endeavors.
Some highlights of my journey are:
• Reinventing the route planning for thousands of people over Brazil. I led this project from concept to go-live. It resulted in 4M USD cost saving with a 200K USD investment.
• Innovate the secondhand car market in Brazil. We created a business of 200M USD per year. I was responsible for three Product Teams. I led them in discovering solutions that innovated this market.
• Exponential marketplace growth: from a 500K € to 45M € revenue per year. My role was to find alternatives on how to scale the business, I was the Product Owner of it.
Curiosity drives me daily. My biggest fear is the comfort zone. Curiosity spurs action; knowledge kills it.
My motto is, the faster we learn, the faster we succeed.
Over the last years, I’ve been working as a Product Owner. I’m focused on coaching teams to deliver the highest value for their customers.
One of my hobbies is writing articles. I share my ideas on Medium, and I’m an editor at Serious Scrum. I love learning from everyone.
Sander Dur (host)
Scrum Master, Agile Coach, trainer, and podcast host for ‘Mastering Agility”
Sander Dur is a business agility enthusiast, with a passion for people. Whether it’s healthy product development, agile leadership, measurement, or psychological safety, Sander has the drive to enable organizations to the best of their abilities. He is an avid article writer, working on a book about Scrum Mastery from the Trenches, and is connecting listeners with the most influential people in the industry.
Find David on:
Find David’s Udemy courses:
Sorry Scrum the game might be over for you
Agile Manifesto is gone. We need a Product Manifesto